Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let it Snow!



Well I do apologize for the long delay in posting. I have no excuse really.

Since the last post Troy went elk hunting for the first time and he got his elk. So needless to say with the successful hunting season behind us our freezer is full for the winter.

I had my 30th birthday last week and Troy took me crabbing on Hood Canal. It was a perfect day it wasn't sunny but there was absolutely no wind and the water was so calm it was like glass. We harvested a few oysters over on the Coyle Peninsula, oh man they were so good.

Well as you may already know it snowed for the first time this season last night. Today Toby had fun walking around in the snow in the yard. We had already had planned to go up the street to the Olmsted's Tree Farm just a mile from our house for Toby's first real Christmas tree. Man what a perfect day it was beautiful to see all of the trees filled with snow. All of the trees at that farm are perfect I can not believe it. The last place Troy and I went to get a tree the trees where all like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree, you know all rickety and sick looking.
Anyway Toby had a good time looking for the tree he cried when Daddy cut it down and he wouldn't stop until we got home it was so cute.

Well here are the pictures for the day, including some of odd ornaments I know I made when I was a kid. One for example is a albino Rudolf Peanut with aquarium plants for antlers and pink googly eyes, wow how creepy is that. Anyway I must say please enjoy.

Toby at home in the snow






Family's first tree farm outing












Toby's first real Christmas tree






Strange but real ornaments........

Two legged Snoopy
Albino Rudolf
One eyed reindeer?
HO HO HO... Merry Christmas to you all

2 comments:

Kaelee said...

Looks like fun in the snow! Toby is getting so big!!! He is such a cutie pie! Boy do I miss cutting down trees for Christmas....we now have a 9ft fake one from my dad....its nice but the real think is always better....Enjoy the snow and try to stay warm, I hear your temps are dropping this week....Brrrr!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree. I love all the ornaments. Toby looked like he had a great time.