Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Note To Aunt Emily.........

WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH THE SNOW????




Well here it is January and we have snow on the ground for the 5th time this season. This morning I woke up to having 5 inches of snow on the ground at my house. I am beginning to wonder if Emily is sending her Minnesota weather our way. I don't think that I can recall a winter that snow had stuck around here like this. At least it has been a really long time. Maybe when we all lived on Bangor we may have had snow like this then. Well anyway with the snow I am now stranded at home and they have started the work on the road so i can't even walk up to the store.




On a lighter note I finally sold my crappy Ford Focus I can't believe it. I listed it on Craigslist at 1:30 in the afternoon on Sunday for an asking price of $1,250. By 9:00 PM I had one person come and look at it and offer me $1,000 and at least 60 calls and two appointments set for lookers for Monday morning. The first showing Monday morning was at an early 7:00 this guy offered me $1,000 cash on the spot but he needed to get a car dolly so the transaction would have to happen in a few hours from then. The next appointment was set for 9:00 I was not able to be at the house due to Troys clutch went out on his way to work so I had to get AAA and be with him. The lady looked at the car without me being at the house and called me with an offer of $1,150. Well needless to say the biding had begun. I was on the phone back and forth between both parties and the price just kept going up. i ended up selling it for an astonishing $1,300 and it was out of my yard by 11:00 AM. Wow less than 24 hours i can't believe it.

This weekend I am going to look for a car that Will work better for Toby and myself. I am very interested in a full size Bronco in Port Orchard it looks to be pretty clean and well cared for. I guess we will see.


3 comments:

Aunt Emily said...

Now, you can't blame the snow on me. Our weather come from that direction. We are expecting more snow this week after a brief that. We were above freezing for 3 days. Now the snow is dirty looking.

I can't remember which year it was when we got that Arctic Blast. I was in Junior High. I got home well before you. Matter of fact If I remember this right you were stuck at Pearson for several hours before the buses picked you up. Mom was driving the bus and got home real late and I got chewed out for helping the guys push cars out of the ditch after they slid down the hill towards Keyport.

I am really glad you finally got rid of your Yard Art.
Talk to you later.
Em

Debi said...

Well, look outside it has snowed again. I'm off to get ready for work. It must not be bad since I haven't recieved a call for delay.

Mom

Anonymous said...

I agree to much snow... Toby is so cute. Good about selling the car..