Saturday, December 22, 2007

Busy, Busy

My goodness it seems like only a minute has passed and here it has been almost three whole weeks. For those of you that wished that i would update faster I do apologize.

Well here it is, to start after I had last updated Toby spent his first night over at Grandma Debi's and Grandpa Joe's to give me a night off for my birthday. He did really good he whent to bed on time and I was there in the morning when he woke up.

After that he caught a little cold that lasted the next week and since I am around him and his drooly fingers 24/7 I caught the little bug. We were both sick for one whole week, it was awful. I tell ya,there is nothing worse than caring for a sick fussy baby when you yourself feel; the same way as they do. However we both made it through it.

This week I have been really busy with property inspections due to both the flooding and the unfortunate rise in foreclosures. This week alone I had 30 reports just for foreclosures and 20 for disaster damage. Toby and i spent most of Wednesday and Thursday in the car. Probably about 14 hours overall this week until Friday. On Friday we did not go anywhere for work but we did make it to aunt Paula's house for dinner and presents.

Today i spent 10 hours in the car driving around finishing up my inspection. Thank goodness for my mom and Joe. they watched Toby all day, I don't think he would have done one more day out on the road with me. As it was on Thursday he was so mad at me and Friday he did not want to be in his car seat for the short ride to Paula's.

I still have a lot of work to do on the computer and one more day of driving around but nothing like the past three trips. I have to get all of my work done by close of business Eastern time Monday, which isn't even a full day so really I have until 11:00 AM Pacific Time. This wouldn't be so bad but all of the sites are down and I am at a stand still with about 2 whole days work to submit.

As for the damage report from our storm our road will be closed until late spring early summer. I take this as being more like late summer early fall, you know county projects never go as planned. I have driven around the canal twice since the storm and i can not believe the damage. Some places you would not even recognise. I saw a house today that had been ripped in half by a landslide that had occurred in the back yard. It was the craziest thing I have ever seen the house was just bent like a toothpick with its siding all splintered outward. The saddest part about this was that i had seen the home owners over the summer re-side and install new windows.

Any way, for those of you who need to see pictures here are some of the latest of the Tobester.







1 comment:

Kaelee said...

You are making me tired with all the work you have to do. I can not believe all the damage in Kitsap County, just insane. Thanks for posting pics of Toby he is getting so big....and of course he is absolutely adorable....Have a Merry Christmas!!!