Thursday, June 4, 2009

Long Time No Post




Well I do have to apologize for not posting in a while. I have been really busy lately and I have had a hard time keeping up. Well in the last few months Toby has really grown he is no longer wearing his first pairs of shoes. We had to get new ones a few days ago. He had a pair of imitation crocks that i got him last Halloween and they were his favorite but now they don't fit. I bought him a new pair that are similar in color and i had to hide the old ones from him.


The weather has been really nice the last few days and Toby insists on being outside so I have been trying to get my work done in the morning before he wakes up and at night after Dinner when Troy is home to take over.


I had a bet with Troy's good friend Tom that I made back in November, the bet was that I would lose 45 pounds by May 15th. If I won the bet he and his wife Ester would provide a Prime Rib roast for dinner one night and if I won Troy and i would supply the roast. Well needless to say I lost the bet I was 10 pounds shy of my goal. We had a great dinner and i am still proud of my accomplishment. I am now only 5 pounds away and i am feeling great.


Toby really likes to help me out in the yard. We planted a garden a few weeks ago and Toby insisted on helping me dig holes and plant seeds. I let him plant the sweet peas all by himself, they just started sprouting up out of the ground the other day. So far this is the biggest garden i have ever done. We have red sweet corn, variegated sweet corn, Red and white onions, Peas, Bush and pole beans, Peppers of all kinds and heats, Tomatoes, squash, cucumber, cantaloupe, watermelon, giant pumpkins, and baby jack pumpkins.


















The other day Troy's boss Ken bought Toby a little wheel barrel. Toby loves it he fills it with rocks and dirt and then carts it around the yard. He has all of his own yard tools just like mine and he follows my example. he is so cute when he helps me out in the yard. now all he needs is a little lawn mower.



A few weeks ago my computer crashed and I had to get a new one. At the time I had the largest workload I had ever had. This made life really difficult since all of my work is done on line and with a new computer that I was not familiar with it made my days really long. I am just now back up to speed.

We bought a new truck for Troy not brand new but new to us. We now officially have a parking lot in our yard. i can not wait to get rid of some vehicles we have 5 trucks right now. We have the old red Chevy that Troy bought for $600 eight years ago, the white Chevy, the Bronco, my Toyota, and the new Green Chevy. We are going to sell the white Chevy and possibly the Bronco. The red Chevy is supposed to got to Stan and Beavers sometime soon I think. and then we will only have 2 trucks again..... Man that would be nice.





We have been out on the lake a few times with Toby. he seems to really enjoy himself when we go. We even got him his very first fishing license so that he can go with troy fishing and crabbing this summer.





































Well enought with the rambling on............. HERE ARE THE PHOTOS!!!


No comments: